Multidisciplinary Updates on Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery in Noosa, Australia (2007 to Present)
Founding faculty member for this event since the first conference in 2007, as a presenter and panellist alongside other invited expert speakers from interstate and overseas.
Most recent program – 8th Update in 2019 (9th update deferred due to COVID-19)
Host: University of Queensland and the Princess Alexandra Hospital Discipline of Surgery, & PA Research Foundation
Conference program: https://www.pafoundation.org.au/system/redactor_assets/documents/435/Thyroid_Program_2019.pdf
Other scientific meetings
Dr Wilkinson has given presentations at scientific meetings hosted by:
- Australian Endocrine Surgeons (AES) Postgraduate Course in Endocrine Surgery;
- Multidisciplinary Update on Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery hosted by the Princess Alexandra Hospital and The University of Queensland; and
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Annual Scientific Congress (RACS ASC).
Topics investigated by Dr Wilkinson have included:
- Iodine deficiency in Australia;
- Management of adrenal incidentaloma;
- Pitfalls in utilization of intra-operative nerve monitoring in thyroidectomy;
- Preservation of parathyroids;
- Strategies in parathyroid exploration;
- Surgical technique for nerve-sparing axillary dissection for breast cancer;
- Significance the Tubercle of Zuckerkandl in thyroid surgery; and
- Thyroidectomy in developing countries.