Multidisciplinary Updates on Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery in Noosa, Australia (2007 to Present)
Founding faculty member for this event since the first conference in 2007, as a presenter and panellist alongside other invited expert speakers from interstate and overseas.
Most recent program – 8th Update in 2019 (9th update deferred due to COVID-19)
Host: University of Queensland and the Princess Alexandra Hospital Discipline of Surgery, & PA Research Foundation
Conference program: https://www.pafoundation.org.au/system/redactor_assets/documents/435/Thyroid_Program_2019.pdf
Other scientific meetings
Dr Wilkinson has given presentations at scientific meetings hosted by:
- Australian Endocrine Surgeons (AES) Postgraduate Course in Endocrine Surgery;
- Multidisciplinary Update on Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery hosted by the Princess Alexandra Hospital and The University of Queensland; and
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Annual Scientific Congress (RACS ASC).
- Clinical Oncology Society of Australia (COSA).
Some of the topics investigated and presented by Dr Wilkinson:
- Iodine deficiency in Australia
- Pitfalls in utilization of intra-operative nerve monitoring in thyroidectomy
- Preservation of parathyroids
- Strategies in parathyroid exploration
- Significance the Tubercle of Zuckerkandl in thyroid surgery
- Thyroidectomy in developing countries
- All about the external branch of the superior laryngeal nerve
- Selective preoperative laryngoscopy for thyroidectomy: Risk analysis
- Thyroidectomy technique: Tips for young surgeons
- Targeted parathyroidectomy without intraoperative PTH assay
- Parathyroid auto-transplantation after hemithyroidectomy: A wasted effort?