- Sentinel node biopsy for breast cancer: using local results for estimation of risk to the patient. David S Wilkinson, Neil R Wetzig and Ian C Bennett. ANZ Journal of Surgery, Vol 73, Issue 10 pp 811-814, Oct 2003.
- Total thyroidectomy for management of Thyroid Disease. Ian R Gough MD, David Wilkinson MBBS. Department of Surgery, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland 4074, Australia. World Journal of Surgery, 24.8, pp 962-965, Aug 2000. (This article was used as a reference for Hypocalcemia and Hoarseness Following Total Thyroidectomy for Benign Disease: Relationship of Incidence to the Size of the Gland. World Journal of Endocrine Surgery, January-April 2011;3(1):7-9). R Fernando, PC Chandrasinghe, M Bandara, MBS Renuka, NS Athulugama.)
- What is that lump? Soft tissue tumours in Tonga. David S Wilkinson. Pacific Health Dialog: Health of Tongans and other Pacificans, Vol 6 No. 2, pp 202-204, 1999.
- General surgery in Tonga: an audit. David S Wilkinson and Faka’osi Pifeleti. Pacific Health Dialog: Health of Tongans and other Pacificans, Vol 6 No. 2, pp 199-201, 1999.
- Diabetic foot infections in Tonga. David S Wilkinson and Seini Kupu. Pacific Health Dialog: Health of Tongans and other Pacificans, Vol 6 No. 2, pp 208-210, 1999.
- Carcinoma of the gall-bladder: an experience and review of the literature. Aust NZ Journal of Surgery. Wilkinson DS. Vol 65, pp724–727, 1995. (This article has been cited in other articles and text books.)
Clinical Case Trials
Dr Wilkinson has contributed clinical cases towards trials including:
SNAC Trial Group of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) and NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre
Sentinel-lymph-node-based management or routine axillary clearance? One-year outcomes of sentinel node biopsy versus axillary clearance (SNAC): a randomized controlled surgical trial. Annals of Surgical Oncology, 2009, Feb;16(2):266-75. doi: 10.1245/s10434-008-0229-z. Epub 2008 Dec 3. Gill G1; Collaborators (57) Gillett D, Molland G, Harbour C, Ross B, Simon R, Cregan P, Cheung D, Spillane A, Pooley M, Gillett D, Molland G, Simon R, Ross B, Collins J, Mann B, Murphy C, Miller J, Henderson M, Moore S, Kitchen P, Mitchell G, Mann B, Wetzig N, Wilkinson D, Bennet I, Wetzig N, Wilkinson D, Pyke C, D’Arcy J, Donovan M, Creighton L, DeVianna D, Wetzig N, Pyke C, Gill G, Kollias J, Bochner M, Kennedy R, Gill G, Kollias J, Bochner M, Humeniuk V, Walsh D, Humeniuk V, Walsh D, Oliver D, Hastrich D, Oliver D, Ng A, Poole G, Harman R, Cacala S, Juhasz E, Wilson C, Kumar P, Rhind B, Campbell I.
IBIS Trial – a study as part of an Australia New Zealand Breast Cancer Trials Group
- Tamoxifen for prevention of breast cancer: extended long-term follow-up of the IBIS-I breast cancer prevention trial. The Lancet Oncology, 2015, Jan;16(1):67-75. doi: 10.1016/S1470-2045(14)71171-4. Epub 2014 Dec 11. Cuzick J1, Sestak I2, Cawthorn S3, Hamed H4, Holli K5, Howell A6, Forbes JF7; IBIS-I Investigators.